- Trespass – Sunday August the 10th
- The Road Home– Sunday August the 24th
- The Darkness of Wallis Simpson and Other Stories– Sunday September the 7th
- Sacred Country– Sunday September the 21st
- Restoration– Sunday October 5th
- The Road Home – Sunday September the 14th
- The Darkness of Wallis Simpson and Other Stories– Sunday October the 5th
- Sacred Country– Sunday October the 26th
- Restoration– Sunday November the 16th
So why these choices? Well, Trespass was the one that Gran thought would be most up my street and closest to what might be my comfort zone (I don’t quite know what she meant and didn’t think to ask, silly me) so this seems an apt way to begin. I have already got myself a copy from the library, it is pretty short too so two weeks should be enough. I love the former Orange Prize so I thought one of her prize winners, The Road Home, would be a good second step. Mid way I thought short stories might make a nice change of scene and I find Wallis Simpson really fascinating so look forward to the title tale. Sacred Country is one of the titles I had never heard of and looking it up the whole question of gender it brings up sounds fascinating. I thought we could end with one of Rose Tremain’s most famous, and largest, novels with Restoration and one which has the sequel of Merivel if we all love it insanely.
In fact it was leaving some of the well-known ones for later if we love her that stopped me choosing Music and Silence and also The Colour, always good to have something else to look forward to, and some of the lesser known ones may well be gems to discover like I am hoping Sacred Country is.
So who is joining in and with which titles and when? Anyone in it for all of them (no pressure) as company would sure be nice!