Dear publishers, authors or just nosey passers-by (welcome!) on this here page I hope to give you an idea of what my own personal review guide is. You might want to check out this article I wrote on the matter here, however if you haven’t got the five minutes to spare (and it might make you laugh) or simply can’t be arsed then here is an over view.
I am open to books being sent to me, as it feels like Christmas and I get all excited, however there are some things you might want to consider before you spend pennies on the postage.
- My blogging guidelines are here.
- I am no longer receiving books or submissions from authors direct, due to some previous bad experiences, if you think your book is for me please get your publishers to contact me once they have checked the below.
- I am super duper interested in hearing about new books from some of my favourite authors and even more excitingly about those amazing gem books that for some buffoon reason end up going under the radar.
- I am really interested in hearing about the books you really love, not just the ones you have to love for work.
- I love Daphne Du Maurier but I don’t want to be told someone else is the ‘new’ her. Nor do I want to read the ‘new’ Rebecca I love the original, however if the book has aspects of one of my favourite books or the author has a style like one of my favourite authors let me know all about it NOW!!!!!
- I do not want to take part in blog tours.
- I don’t want to do author interviews with authors I haven’t read, if I love a book then yes please I would love to do something with the author.
- I don’t want to review anything on Amazon, so please don’t ask.
- I promise to be honest; this can be a good and a bad thing.
- I am not keen on pressure so any book I do say ‘yes please’ to will be read when the mood takes me, the right book at the wrong time can be fatal. I also really don’t want emails asking when I am reading a book you sent me that I didn’t actually ask for. Nor will I read a book I really want to in return for one I don’t. See said I was honest.
- I have an e-reader. I like print books though.
- I don’t like books with boats in, horses (or talking animals of any sort) featured or set on another planet. There are exceptions but they need to be exceptional.
- I like the odd prize winner, I like shortlisted and longlisted books too… I also like some of the books that didn’t make the list but we all know should have. So those are all welcome here.
- I do buy books too; it’s not all take, take, take.
Basically what this amounts to is; drop me and email and let’s talk about brilliant books. I am not really Savidge by nature. I really want to find and read fantastic, erm, reads.